Professionals, coaches, peer specialists, case workers, and other health team members who help plurals
Plurals | Partners | Professionals
If you need emergency support, please call 911. If you need crisis support try 211 in your area for referrals and information, or see this list of crisis resources and support lines.
Let your clients know about our United Front 3-book bundle
Link includes coupon code "PPWC2021" for $5 off!
Read our book and give feedback while it's in progress.
What was on the Thumb Drive at the Healing Together conference (2019)?
- The Beyond the Movies Script — listen or read here.
- A flyer about Cerberus Plural news watchdog website — this link is to the About Us page — added at the top of the flyer: Why a Plural News & Media Watchdog? — We deserve to be informed, and we deserve to have news covered by members of our own community. It can be difficult to know when a story is going to be stigmatizing or positive, and there was no centralized clearing house to check for news. There, we fixed it.
- A sample from our work-in-progress book: The Crissing Link: Multiple Choice (including The Multiple Manifesto)
- A sample from our work-in-progress book: United Front: Recruits — self-help for on-boarding, making rules, and developing your crew and officers
Here are resources and launch pages we have gathered for you!!
- Many Minds on the Issue podcast: "Panic Reactions: 8 Important F-Words" (Episode 012)
- On Name-Calling
- How can you tell when a multiple switches?
- Sheila Pearl, MSW & Life Coach's presentation "For the Love of Clients" from the Plural Positivity World Conference 2019 on YouTube
- The Crisses' presentation: "Achieving Healthy Multiplicity: The Case for 5 Steps" from the Plural Positivity World Conference 2019 on YouTube - a rough outline of the current 3-step treatment plan put forward by the ISST-D (2011) treatment guidelines for adults with a case made for adding 2 additional stages to the process that may curtail rampant therapy abuse issues.
- The Crisses' presentation "Parts v. People: Singular Centrism and Plural Oppression" - a heavy critique of the industry's insistence that we are "parts" and refusal to grant headmates personhood.
Plural Movement: Criticism of the Mental Health Industry
The science of psychology has been deeply flawed1 and unfortunately psychology continues to build a knowledge-base that builds on and fails to question very flawed fundamental ideas2. It's also a very young science. As the industry still tries to shed its shaky start, and given the lack of evidence or science in the theories that the founding fathers of psychology put forth, psychology has unfortunately failed to rectify some of its own deep prejudices and the lack of founding structure to become of the science it hopes to become.
Hopefully you'll be able to keep an open mind, and perhaps even occasionally nod in agreement at this collection of radical advocacy documentation regarding observations of folks with DID about the mental health "helping" industry we (sometimes) choose to deal with, and how it treats us. There may be many uncomfortable truths if you choose to read these, so please prepare yourself.
- Professional Industry Issues
- The Plural Positivity World Conference main site with archives from past sessions
- July 22-24, 2021: the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference is a free conference (online in 2021) that will also have plural presenters and a table for The Plural Association. This conference has a pro track with CEUs.
1 Lack of ethics in early experiments, lack of cause vs. effect in much of psychology's "evidence" base, Freud, Jung & their contemporaries' theories were just observations not much better than philosophical or introspection that became the initial structure of the science of psychology, the mistreatment of people with mental illness in institutions and rampant disempowerment and coercion in therapeutic settings. ⇑
2 In terms of DID alone, it is presumed (not proven) that being singular is preferable to being plural in the first place. We question this idea and note how the body of treatment ideology is based on this singular bias. These treatment ideologies are not compared in longitudinal studies versus controls or other potential treatment methods such as aiming for "functional multiplicity." So all evidence-based therapy in the treatment of DID is based on singular bias that forced unification is preferable. Now most research funding is in the biology and neurology of disorders, so we will likely not see research time or money put into whether attempting to achieve singularity or leaning into and improving plural functioning are preferable for plurals. This is hardly following the "scientific" method, nor is it "evidence-based therapy." That's not on us; that's on the industry. ⇑