FAQ for "United Front" Pilot Program
with The Crisses - Rev. Criss Ittermann, LF
We really appreciate you& considering whether to be part of this important "United Front" pilot coaching program. You& will be contributing to both the foundations of your own shared life, but also helping others who will benefit from our work together as we (the Crisses) develop this important program dedicated to fostering internal community.
What is the whole sign-up process?
- Please read the current page regarding this pilot program for the disclaimers of the program that you must agree to to participate. You may opt out before you even begin.
- Use the website form below to email us that you are interested and answer these questions in your email:
- What should we call you or y'all? (System name, or individual name, pseudonym is fine, pronouns)
- How did you hear about the program? (if you were on the waiting list, just say "waiting list" :) We know you may not remember.)
- What do you think this program is about?
- Can you commit to being available for 1.5 hours a week for the entire length of the group coaching?
- Are you willing to be an active participant and ask questions (in chat or voice) during the program sessions?
- Will you fill out an evaluation after the session ends to let me know what worked for you?
- We may ask more questions otherwise we will send you the application, which is pretty long. Questions include information on your system, goals, internal communication ability, what you choose to do with your time and money, diagnoses, etc. Your answers are confidential, and if you choose not to fill it out and not participate in the program, we understand.
- Fill in the application completely (if you aren't sure of an answer, say so!), and email it back to us. The application explains about potential alternate methods of getting the application back to us.
- We will send you a scheduler link to select a time for an interview for the program. This is not a sample coaching session I'll be asking for clarification on answers for the questionnaire, or we will discuss your readiness for the program. This will be a 30-minute voice screening session (Skype, phone, Signal, or Mumble on my server for the highest privacy) unless you require special accommodations. We're going to start suggesting using Mumble so that applicants can check out the software before the group begins to eliminate technical difficulties.
- During the interview, you'll be able to ask questions about the program and make sure it's a good fit for you, and we'll ask your preference for what time slot(s) or sessions work for you or make recommendations based on your application answers. There may be different times/dates/topics available, sometimes rotating start dates etc..
- We will send you an answer on whether we accept your application for the program within 3 days of the interview being finished.
- Put alerts in your calendar, set alarms and make sure your tech set-up is ready for the sessions! :) Then show up. You may want drinks, snacks or notebook, etc.
- Each session we'll check in with everyone and ask what they'd like to get out of today's session, and try to make sure we come back to address appropriate requests. So be ready for the question "What would y'all like to get out of today's session?"
How do we know participants are safe? Why is it so hard to get into the group?
We'll never be 100% confident that participants are safe, that's why we're being careful about even how the sessions will be conducted (see more below). In addition, we're screening participants pretty strongly for everyone's safety and suitability for the group program environment and you'll be glad we are making sure we're comfortable before allowing people into the program. It's not easy to get in for a reason. We also want to be certain that participants are ready and suitable participants because they may take up a slot someone who is ready and would benefit greatly could have used instead. Not everyone is ready for this type of headwork.
How many people will be in each group?
We are looking for a minimum of 3 committed participants per session to launch each group, 5 preferred, 10 absolute maximum. The number of slots may change in later sessions if it's easy or difficult to manage that many in a session.
How will I stay anonymous? I'm a famous person in Internet-Land!!
You can use a pseudonym during sessions (like a username or fake system name) and participants will interact via text chat unless you are Ok with being handed the mic so participants won't be recognized by voice. For most of the session, only Crisses will have the mic for all participants to listen to longer responses.
How is my privacy protected?
What is the "Important Disclaimer" that might cause us to opt out or be disqualified from the program?
VERY IMPORTANT!!! If you are very depressed, if you are actively considering or contemplating suicide, or if you or anyone in your system may harm yourself, your body, or others, then this program is not for you, and please do not continue to fill out this form. Please seek out a crisis hotline or your professional support team ASAP.
What else will we (our whole system) be agreeing to?
Rev. Criss Ittermann ("the Crisses") is not a qualified therapist, cannot provide trauma treatment, and cannot provide crisis intervention services. We understand this is a screening for a group coaching program for working on internal community issues, current and future behavior, related beliefs, and internal relationships. Participation in the program may have unintended consequences in increasing our self-awareness (selves-awareness) and may exacerbate other symptoms, so there may be risks involved. We understand that this program is not PTSD treatment, and if we find ourselves triggered, we may need to mobilize other supports to help us handle anxiety, depression, or other PTSD symptoms. We understand that this program and materials are based on holistic practices, non-religious spiritual concepts, coaching methods, self-help materials, neo-shamanic training, and other complementary techniques and are not a replacement for medical attention, therapy, pharmaceuticals, or other professional support or intervention.
How long will the pilot program run?
Right now most sessions are running for 6 meetings. Overall, the pilot coaching programs will run until we are confident that the value we bring is worth asking for money from participants.
How can you offer the pilot coaching program for free?
Our current financial obligations are moderate to low. Uncoerced donations are always accepted to help compensate for our time and attention being removed from other financial support obligations & pursuits.
What is this group about?
- Reparenting building towards a safer, more loving, more caring internal community that helps your inner children heal by providing for them according to their needs. We will be working as a group to figure out what's in our way, work on ways to reliably set up our internal world to support our inner kids, and discuss everyone's stumbling blocks and help each other work through them. See also our Building a Reparenting-Focused Community conference session on YouTube, our Reparenting & Selves Reliance Podcast episode, our Kinhost wiki article on Re-parenting for more information.
- Building Trust Based on the 6-episode podcast "System Trust Issues series of our podcast Many Minds on the Issue (starting with episode 009: Welcome to DID: We are not your enemy), this is specifically a group coaching to work with challenged plural & DID systems who are not getting along inside. Bring a willingness for both sides to come to the table, and try (yeah we know!) to leave your attitudes at the door.
- Internal Communication This will be an assignment-heavy coaching group where we will discuss what works, does not work, and what's getting in the way of internal communication. Bring what works or has worked for you in the past, and we'll break this important topic down and try out many exercises and see what works best for y'all now, but also increase your internal communication tools and skills so that as your communication needs or abilities change, you'll be aware of other things you can try. We'll also work on "system maps" and allowing folk to describe themselves as part of learning to listen and feel around internally. You do not need to have an inner world to create "maps". Trust us on this.
- Internal Community TBA
- Developing Better Spoons TBA
What other topics might be covered in the sessions?
- As Inside, So Outside & Vice Versa: the principle that the boundary between the internal system and the external system is permeable and not as thick as we think. System dynamics.
- Hierarchical Language: how the words you choose may create power struggles in your system
- Name-calling & Internal Bullying: they can hear you talk about them
- De-personalization: stripping internal folk of their person-hood
- Force and coercion: locking people up, keeping them out of front
- Facilitating Balance and Respect
- Internal Trust Dynamics
- Fostering Internal Communication
The applications and interviews will be used to determine what the group of participants needs so we can make sure to touch on material that is relevant to the participants.
We can't make it right now; how do we sign up for waiting list?
You may email us to be placed on the waiting list. Please include the following:
- What should we call you or y'all? (System name, or individual name, pseudonym is fine, pronouns)
- How did you hear about the program?
- Please let us know your interests:
- free pilot group coaching program (a short ~4-session group coaching for working through new materials, longer application process, exit survey required, follow-up surveys required)
- full group coaching programs (8-12 weeks)
- you are able to pay the full price of the coaching sessions ($285/month this helps fund a partial scholarship/sliding scale participant)
- sliding scale i.e. partial scholarship pricing (a flexible amount with a minimum payment)
- full scholarship (you are unable to contribute anything towards the expenses of running the program; other clients or participants are covering your fee(s)).