FAQ for "United Front" Beta Program
with The Crisses - Rev. Criss Ittermann, LF
We really appreciate you& considering whether to be part of this important "United Front" beta program. You& will be contributing to both the foundations of your own shared life, but also helping others who will benefit from our work together as we (the Crisses) develop this important program dedicated to fostering internal community.
What is the whole sign-up process?
- Please read the current page regarding this beta program for the disclaimers of the program that you must agree to to participate. You may opt out before you even begin.
- Use the website form below to email us that you are interested and answer these questions in your email:
- How did you hear about the program?
- What do you think this program is about?
- Can you commit to being available for 1.5 hours a week for 4 weeks for group coaching?
- Are you willing to be an active participant and ask questions (in chat or voice) during the program sessions?
- Will you fill out an evaluation after the 4 weeks to let me know what worked for you?
- We may ask more questions otherwise we will send you the application, which is pretty long. Questions include information on your system, goals, internal communication ability, what you choose to do with your time and money, diagnoses, etc. Your answers are confidential, and if you choose not to fill it out and not participate in the program, we understand.
- Fill in the application completely (if you aren't sure of an answer, say so!), and email it back to me.
- I will send you a scheduler link to select a time for an interview for the program. This is not a sample coaching session — I'll be asking for clarification on answers for the questionnaire. This will be a 30-minute voice screening session (Skype, phone, Signal, or Mumble on my server for the highest privacy).
- During the interview, you'll be able to ask questions about the program and make sure it's a good fit for you, and we'll ask your preference for what time slot(s) work for you. There will be 3 different schedules available (see above).
- We will send you an answer on whether we accept your application within 3 days of the interview being finished.
How do we know participants are safe? Why is it so hard to get into the group?
We'll never be 100% confident that participants are safe, that's why we're being careful about even how the sessions will be conducted (see more below). In addition, we're screening participants pretty strongly for everyone's safety and suitability for the group program environment and you'll be glad we are making sure we're comfortable before allowing people into the program. It's not easy to get in for a reason. We also want to be certain that participants are ready and suitable participants because they may take up a slot someone who is ready and would benefit greatly could have used instead. We don't want to waste anyone's time.
How many people will be in each group?
We are looking for a minimum of 5 committed participants per session to launch each group, so we'll be filling up our Friday session first in the hope of getting 5-10 participants in one session to launch ASAP. We are thinking to start with a 10 or 12 physical-bodied participant limit for the first session. This may change in later sessions if it's easy or difficult to manage that many in a session.
How will I stay anonymous? I'm a famous person in Internet-Land!!
You can use a pseudonym during sessions (like a username or fake system name) and participants will interact via text chat unless you are Ok with being handed the mic — so participants won't be recognized by voice. For most of the session, only Crisses will have the mic for all participants to listen to longer responses.
How is my privacy protected?
What is the "Important Disclaimer" that might cause us to opt out or be disqualified from the program?
VERY IMPORTANT!!! If you are very depressed, if you are actively considering or contemplating suicide, or if you or anyone in your system may harm yourself, your body, or others, then this program is not for you, and please do not continue with this application.
What else will we (our whole system) be agreeing to?
Rev. Criss Ittermann ("the Crisses") is not a qualified therapist, cannot provide trauma treatment, and cannot provide crisis intervention services. We understand this is a screening for a group coaching program for working on our internal community, current and future behavior, related beliefs, and internal relationships. Participation in the program may have unintended consequences in increasing our self-awareness and may exacerbate other symptoms, so there may be risks involved. We understand that this program is not PTSD treatment, and if we find ourselves triggered, we may need to mobilize other supports to help us handle anxiety, depression, or other PTSD symptoms. We understand that this program and materials are based on holistic practices, non-religious spiritual concepts, coaching methods, self-help materials, neoshamanic concepts, and other complementary techniques and are not a replacement for medical attention, therapy, pharmaceuticals, or other professional support or intervention.
How long will the Beta program run?
Participants are invited for a 4-session package. So participants in the October run will end in Mid-November when the 2nd group runs. And the last session will run through December.