United Front Certification for Professionals
How to work more effectively on improving internal community with DID/OSDD/P-DID/Plural/Multiple clients
If you're a licensed or certified professional and looking for a training in how to work with United Front materials with your clients, please send us an email below requesting to be added to our waiting list for this program. Enrollment is not yet open, but the course outline and fees are below.
What is the United Front Certification for Professionals
It is very difficult for plural systems (DID, OSDD, other dissociative disorders, undiagnosed plurals, or people who happen to be plural with other mental health issues who want to seek therapy) to find fully vetted, trained, and plural-positive professionals.
We are providing a 13-week (or 13-lesson) training program to help licensed professionals understand the inner workings and paradigms of DID, OSDD and plural systems. At the end of the program, professionals who pass the course will be added to our list of vetted professionals, and given a graphic badge to display on their website indicating that they have passed the course and are considered a plural-informed and plural-safe professional.
- Complete each week's assignment before getting the next week's packet.
- Take up to 1 year to complete the course.
- Work on the materials at your own pace.
- Ask questions and follow up as needed with the instructor via email.
For more details please see the United Front: Beta Certification Program FAQ.
This course is not yet open for enrollment. Please use the email form below to be added to the waiting list.
$250 non-refundable application fee.
Least expensive: pay all at once
$1,250 due upon acceptance, after intake interview
$500 due upon acceptance, after intake interview
$500 due before week 5 packet will be delivered
$500 due before midterm packet will be delivered
- Submit Online Application & Pay Application Fee
- Application is reviewed and appointment scheduled for intake interview
- Intake call — 1 hour
- Pay in full or 3x payment plan payment 1
- Introduction: Insider secrets — Meeting people where they are. Singular-centrism issues (People v. Parts, "whole person", language, labels, acceptance, etc.). Problems with psychology.
- Encouraging Stabilization: Modifying the 3-stage model of treatment (stabilization, language, safety, trust) — crisis abatement, rapport, communication & trust, daily living while in therapy, finding healthy supports/relationships, psychoeducation, comorbidity, self-care,
- Presence - affect tolerance, impulse control, grounding, containment, passion vs. panic energy, dealing with somatic memories
- Trusting the Trauma: Modifying the 3-stage model of treatment (trauma work, overwhelm, voyeurism, dangers, abandonment)
- A Full Recovery: Modifying the 3-stage model of treatment (recovery model, resolution, choices, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, life-skills)
- Our World (subjective realities, Inner Worlds — persistent, permeable, mutable, powerful)
- Plan payment 2
- Communication Breakdown (internal communication, community and relationships)
- Leaning In (The 5 Laws of Plurality, how plurals operate, how to work with rather than against plural systems)
- Becoming a true ally (applying the 5 Laws in the therapeutic relationship, presence, persistence, positivity)
- Headwork Workshop (practical application of internal headwork, homework and therapy goals)
- Plan payment 3
- Midterm exam delivered
- Midterm exam submission due
- Midterm exam evaluation and discussion scheduled to discuss evaluation
- Midterm discussion 1 hour
- Alternative lenses: spirituality, shamanism, other views of trauma, respecting the subjective reality of your client
- Adding to the 3 steps
- Final paper topics delivered
- A System for Systems (fostering internal community, systematic approaches & practical applications to building community)
- The Power of Empowerment (letting go, reparenting examples, language, redirection, avoiding transference)
- Putting it Together (applications of course material in real-life practice)
- Final Paper due
- Final paper graded, schedule out-take interview to go over paper and give outbound course survey
- Out-take interview 1 hour
- Certificate and Badge Awarded for Completed Work
You may email us to be placed on the waiting list: